3 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
1 Cup Softened Butter
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tsp Vanilla (use the highest quality possible)
4 EggsRum Sauce Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Sugar
3 Tbsp Water
1/3 Cup Butter
2 Tbsp Rum
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the Cake Ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat them with a mixer until well blended.
- Pour the Cake Ingredients into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees, rotating halfway.
- Just before the cake is done, combine the Rum Sauce Ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook until the butter melts, stirring to combine.
- Remove the cake from the oven and stab it all over with a knife. Seriously. The more you stab it, the better your rum sauce will soak in.
- Pour the rum sauce over the cake while both are still hot.
- Once the cake is only slightly warm to the touch, flip it over onto a plate to remove it from the pan.
- You can serve it warm or let it cool – your choice. The cake serves 8-12 people.