White Cake Mix – 1 Box (18.25 Ounces)
Strawberry Jello – 1- 3 Ounce Box
Large Eggs – 4
Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Flour – 1/4 Cup
Fresh Strawberries, Finely Chopped – 1/2 Cup
Vegetable Oil – 1 Cup
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
Unsalted Butter, Softened
– 1 Cup
– 2 (16 Ounce) Packages
Fresh Strawberries, Finely Chopped – 1 Cup
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3- 9 inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all cake ingredients with an electric mixer on low until just combined. Scrape the side of the bowl, and increase mixer to medium and beat for 3 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans and bake until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 23 minutes.
- Cool cake in pans on rack for about 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. Refrigerate cakes until completely chilled.
- Meanwhile Make Frosting: In a large bowl, beat the butter at medium until it’s pale yellow and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and strawberries and beat at low until well combined and creamy. Set in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes to firm it up slightly (You just don’t want it to be runny).
- Spread one of the layers of cake with frosting then refrigerate. Frost the second layer and refrigerate until the frosting on both layers has firmed up a bit. Assemble all the layers and frost the top and sides. Refrigerate until ready to serve.