Here’s an easy and tasty roast chicken that doesn’t require much from you.
The prep is important and thereafter it’s unattended cooking. This chicken only uses 3 spices, simple and tasty. Also, you can use any chicken pieces.
Ground Black Pepper
- The night before cooking, arrange chicken pieces on a baking tray and season with sea salt. Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and season with ground black pepper and chicken seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 230 C and place oven safe dish in oven to preheat as well. I used a cast iron skillet.
- When oven is ready, remove oven safe dish and add olive oil, enough to coat bottom of the pan.
- Place chicken pieces in oven safe dish and place in oven uncovered.
- Bake chicken for 35 minutes then remove chicken and baste chicken with oil in pan.
- Bake a further 10 minutes. Chicken is ready when juices run clear.
THREE BEAN SALAD
2 Cans Three Bean Mix
125g Baby Plum Tomatoes, halved
1/2 English Cucumber, sliced
1 Avocado, cubed
1/2 Red Onion, diced
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- In a colander, drain and rinse the two cans of Three Bean Mix.
- In a large bowl, add the Tomatoes, Cucumber, Avocado, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Parsley and rinsed beans.
- Add the Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Salt and Black Pepper.
- Toss the salad and serve or store a day in advance in the fridge.