1 cup (240g) butter
8 cups (1kg) icing sugar
2/3 cup (70g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon (15mL) vanilla extract
6-8 tablespoons (60mL- 90mL) milk
CHOCOLATE ICING METHOD:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until fluffy.
- Add half of the icing sugar, and cocoa powder and slowly mix. With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla and 5 tablespoons of the milk. Mix until no clumps remain.
- Add the rest of the icing sugar and two-three more tablespoons of milk until desired consistency is reached. (You will want a thinner buttercream for spreading onto cakes, and a thicker one for piping flowers, or borders.)
- Use immediately or store in a sealed container for 2-3 days in the fridge. If you are storing the buttercream in the fridge, allow it to come to room temperature, and remix it briefly before using.
- Enjoy your CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM RECIPE
CREDITS : JENN JOHNS