1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapples, with juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, baking soda and salt, then mix in eggs and pineapple.
3. Pour batter into your pan and top with an even layer of pecans and brown sugar.
4. Place baking dish in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. While cake cooks, combine evaporated milk, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
6. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, then pour over hot cake.
7. Let cake cool so it absorbs icing, then slice, serve and enjoy.
Hit Share To Save On your Wall