1 c butter, melted
6 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 c sugar
1 tsp salt
1 c buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2 (9in) deep dish unbaked pie shells
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
3. In a large bowl, add salt, corn starch, and sugar.
4. Melt butter in the microwave. Pour the butter on top of dry ingredients. Mix well.
5. Once all this is mixed then pour the egg mixture on top. Stir until all is incorporated.
6. Pour into pie shells evenly. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Pies will be a little jiggle but not runny when done.
7. *TIP: If you have a pie shield, place it on top of crust about 35 min into cooking. If you don’t you can cover the crust with foil to keep it from burning.
8. *TIP: When the pie is done, if the butter looks like it is sitting on top of the pies. Just give it time to rest and it will seep back into the pie. Also placing the pie in the fridge will also help this.